GEORGES ROCHER (1927-1984) "LE PRINTEMPS DU VILLAGE" OIL ON LINEN CUSTOM FRAMED
Description : Oil on Linen "Le Printemps Du Village”
Measures : 33 x 28 Custom Framed, some nicks; 28 x 23 Sight
Signature : Front LR G. Rocher
Condition: Very good. Custom Frame Some Nicks
Date: CA 1970
Georges Rocher (1927-1984)
- At 8 years (1935): He studied the portrait painter Maurice Reiff
- At 10 (1937): Student of Professor Brindeau, Director of Fine Arts in Casablanca
- At age 16 (1943): The exhibition "Motor Show Club" Casablanca
- 1944: Presentation of thirty paintings at the gallery and exhibition DERCHE the "Salon des Artistes Independants" Casablanca
- At 17 (1945): Free student of the National School of Fine Arts in Paris, at Souverbie Master, member of the Institute
- 1947: Admitted as a student of the National School of Fine Arts after the success in the competition
- 1948: Exhibits at the "Salon d'Automne" in Paris
- 1950: After four years of study at the Fine Arts, military service in Casablanca
- 1953: Exhibition at the "Galerie des Quatre Vents" Casablanca
- 1954: Living and painting in Paris, in Auvergne, in the south, in Béarn, in the Vosges, Portugal ...
- 1956: Exhibition at the "Salon d'Automne" in Paris where one of his paintings won
- Until 1960: Parisian life, discovered the Saint-Michel district, Montparnasse, Montmartre. Painting and small crafts.
- Always moving, setting up his easel in both Auvergne, province of origin of his family, in the Vosges Mountains; he falls in love with Brittany. Appreciating Theodore Botrel, the boats of Finistère and the ground-cover diversity of Brocéliande and Huelgoat, he painted the beauty of his adopted region. He also painted still-lives, portraits and flower bouquets.
- 1972: Exhibition Wally Findlay Galleries, West 57th St, New York
Georges Rocher died in Quimperlé March 5, 1984.
A book entitled "Georges Rocher” was published in 1992 in the Bargain editions, on the initiative of John Paul Crinquette preface by Charles Le Quintrec. It has many photographic reproductions of works by the artist. It also includes his evolution, his influences, his worldview, his world.
Also "Georges Rocher" 1973 Wally Findley Gallery
The painting of Georges Rocher is in many galleries and private collections worldwide, by those who appreciate the painter of nature and its colors.